Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Bears

Remember this post? { I Love Linen }

The linen was for this pair of pillows. They were a gift for a friend and since his birthday has passed, I can finally post the photographs.
These were handmade, by yours truly, completely - from start to finish. Hence, imperfect, but I like it that way.



I've been "studying" pillows and cushions quite a bit, like I've been "studying" porcelain. By "studying" I mean, I will research for the best shape, design - basing it on comfort, functionality, practicality and of course aesthetics. I will make, buy, trade, collect the item I'm studying. Use it, abuse it and review it. This can go on for months, weeks... when lucky, days. Finally, once I have discovered the perfect shape it then becomes my surface (to apply my drawings).

You may have noticed BDB has gone to 2nd, okay 1st gear for the last month and half, maybe two. At first, it was lack of inspiration, perhaps due to feeling overwhelmed or the Mercury Retrograde? But for the last couple of weeks, I've been working hard to getting back to 4th (gear) and I took the time (of lack of inspiration) to re-group, organize, go back to my initial plan (when I first started my business) and am happy to say, I'm back on track!

I've been "studying" a lot as well. You'll see.

3 comments:

marysgranddaughter said...

I love them!

Anonymous said...

sooooooooo cute primo!

Sanna said...

Oh, those are just adorable!