Friday, July 24, 2009

Açaí Smoothie

Have you ever tried Açaí?
If your answer is no, try it. I have yet to find a place here in NYC where I can have Açaí bowl (with bananas and granola). Delicious, filling, energizing and super refreshing. Meanwhile, I'm content with my smoothies.
5 strawberries cut in halves
1/2 banana (frozen is better!)
1 pack of Açaí (I get these at Wholefoods)
1 1/4 cup of soy milk

(yes, i know, my straws are a disgrace... and yes, i know...i don't have a proper smoothie cup...)

Well, give it a go!

update 7/29: The Açaí I used is blended with Guaraná. You can also get it without.

2 comments:

Sherry said...

I love it too! I've been known to substitute pomegrantes when I'm flat out of acai.

Asya said...

Ooooh, this looks delicious! I'm trying it this weekend. On another note, I should be back at The Flea on August 22, maybe I will see you then?