It's now 9:20 pm est.
baileydoesntbark has been released from captivity! (...yay...)
rejinlee is still under negotiations...
What I've done so far:
1) Followed all of these instructions:
i. Downloaded ClamXav
and scanned every single thing in this computer, including my website folders.
ii. Downloaded LittleSnitch
(to be completely honest with you, i have a very blurred idea of what it does because i'm computer illiterate. as long as it says it helps. i'm down.)
2) Created a master password and turned on the FileVault I had NO idea existed.
3) Changed all my passwords.
Mind you, I probably deleted files I shouldn't have but whatever came up in my search when I typed in the bunch of letters/numbers/symbols these websites list to delete, I TRASHED FOREVER.
What I've NOT done so far:
1) Go to the post office to ship orders. sorry guys.... one day delay :(
2) Work on new designs.
3) Be productive.
I recommend everybody who owns a MAC to run a virus scan once in a while (since we never do, relying on the fact that MACs are safe).
I've been hacked twice and this proves to me that either:
1) I have amnesia and clicked on obvious virus infected links, banners, websites and forgot about it.
2) ... I don't know, I forgot!
p.s. if you are aware of any help for mac users to prevent this from happening, please let us know!
(please note: i DO NOT claim that the information i'm giving out is the solution and/or prevention. PLEASE research. i'm only sharing my experience.)