Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Update

It's now 9:20 pm est.
baileydoesntbark has been released from captivity! (...yay...)
rejinlee is still under negotiations...

What I've done so far:
1) Followed all of these instructions:
i. Downloaded ClamXav
and scanned every single thing in this computer, including my website folders.
ii. Downloaded LittleSnitch
(to be completely honest with you, i have a very blurred idea of what it does because i'm computer illiterate. as long as it says it helps. i'm down.)

2) Created a master password and turned on the FileVault I had NO idea existed.

3) Changed all my passwords.

Mind you, I probably deleted files I shouldn't have but whatever came up in my search when I typed in the bunch of letters/numbers/symbols these websites list to delete, I TRASHED FOREVER.

What I've NOT done so far:
1) Go to the post office to ship orders. sorry guys.... one day delay :(

2) Work on new designs.

3) Be productive.

I recommend everybody who owns a MAC to run a virus scan once in a while (since we never do, relying on the fact that MACs are safe).

I've been hacked twice and this proves to me that either:
1) I have amnesia and clicked on obvious virus infected links, banners, websites and forgot about it.
or
2) ... I don't know, I forgot!

goodnight

p.s. if you are aware of any help for mac users to prevent this from happening, please let us know!

(please note: i DO NOT claim that the information i'm giving out is the solution and/or prevention. PLEASE research. i'm only sharing my experience.)

4 comments:

alex said...

sounds horrendous!! i'm computer stupid and my action plan in such a situation would be to burst into tears. then i'd call a nerd who would charge me lots of money (which i don't have) to fix it.
so well done for persevering!!

b a i l e y d o e s n ' t b a r k said...

lol alex! trust me, there were tears!

~sjts said...

How awful and painful. Frustratring, etc...

Good for you for taking care of it. How badly did you bang on the computer? (just kidding...I think). Computer woes...*sigh* I feel for you.

Coleen

b a i l e y d o e s n ' t b a r k said...

haha coleen! why didn't i think of that? my fingers are sore for typing REALLy hard (you know, when you're angry?)